Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Healthy Job ~

I read a recent article from a Baltimore NBC station and discovered another perk to my job at Kohana Coffee (besides the free coffee) - recent studies show that caffeine may help prevent skin cancer (non-melanoma) and/or repair sun damage! You can choose to rub the caffeine directly on your skin or drink it – but most doctors would recommend not increasing your daily intake. Most of us surely get PLENTY of caffeine daily!

Some skin creams containing caffeine are already on the market but they’re marketed as anti-cellulite lotions. I’m sure as more research is done there will be an influx of caffeinated skin creams (or sunscreens). Until that day, I’ll be happy to pick up a Toddy maker and enjoy some delicious cold brewed Kohana Coffee this summer while I’m relaxing by the pool!
Article: http://www.wbaltv.com/womansdoctor/19494729/detail.html

Cristin

No comments:

Post a Comment